10.2.13

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year to you all! I hope that your new year has been a great start. Mine started with a brilliant month in Malaysia with my family relaxing and refuelling in preparation for another exciting year ahead, before we head off for a year of travel in 2014 (including a month in New York which I am really excited about!!!)

2012 was a great year for This Papercut Life. My little courtyard studio & creative business has grown into a full time pursuit and at the end of last year I had to employ someone to help me as it was so crazy busy. As well as work in several exhibitions, and many, many commissions, I also continued to stock some really wonderful shops and galleries run by some fantastic, determined and  inspired people who have a passion for all things art. I also created some metal cut-out banner designs for the Shire of Gnowangerup which were placed in their main street. See the pics below.

As for 2013- as well as keeping up with orders and commissioned works, designing a new range of jewellery and woodcuts, I am also creating a peice for the Bunbury Bienale, and am a part of an exhibition at the Melody Smith Gallery in Perth called "Unconscious ARTiculation.

For me this is all about lifestyle, doing what I love and am passionate about, meeting and connecting with inspiring people along the way, enjoying the journey, as well as meeting lifes challenges head on- and its this that inspires my papercut designs- family, friends, community, neighbourhood, home....life.  

So I look forward to sharing the journey with you through these images..........











2 comments:

  1. Hello Sue

    Having only recently settled in Albany, it was only today that I wandered into the Visitor's Centre and saw your work - Wow! So divine! I'm sending my husband and little girls back to select something for my birthday next week!

    Good luck for this new year - can't wait to see what this year holds in store for you!!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Samantha, Welocme to Albany! You can also find my work at the Vancouver Cafe which is a great little cafe on Vancouver St if you have not already discovered it- and my studio.

    ReplyDelete