22.5.13

Hello!

Oh I am a hopeless blogger! I am far too busy designing and making the work, and running all the elements of the business, than talking about it.....But its time for a bit of an update so here we are.....

June 23 is the next Perth Upmarket so I will be there with a stack of lovely new designs including the "Mothers and Daughters" woodcuts and cards, and new pendants and earings.
"Mother and Daughter #2" woodcuts
 In September I will be instore over 2 weekends at the stunning Aspects of Kings Park as a guest artist for the Kings Park Spring Festival. I will be creating new artworks while there.

Recently I exhibited my "Communitree" papercut at the Minnawarra Art Awards which resulted in the sale of this detailed artwork. I have since created "Communitree #2" which is a highly detailed ink drawing of the "Communitree" design and this will be exhibited in the upcoming Bunbury Bienale. 
Communitree #2 (ink on paper)
"Communitree" (papercut)
Communitree (detail)
 Also in September I will be showing a series of papercut dresses from my "Paper, Scissors, Frock" collection in an exhibition entitled "Unconscious ARTiculation" at the Melody Smith Gallery in Perth.

In the meantime with the onset of the cooler weather its design time- a time to get into playing with new ideas and designing new work, as well as designing a big list of personal commissions. These are a joy to make as I get to meet so many people and have a glimpse into their lives to create artwork that has huge significance and meaning to them and their families. 
Bird stud earings in silver

Mothers and Daughters gift cards

Wildflower coasters in jarrah









1 comment:

  1. so cool - love the communitree cut/drawing - divine xx

    ReplyDelete